March 19th, 2020
The Superior Court of California, County of Colusa will be implementing an emergency order signed by the Chief Justice, Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye which provides that the Court will be closed to the public from Friday, March 20, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020 with the exception of the following calendars.
The order modify calendars as follows:
- Felony preliminary hearings, domestic violence restraining orders, juvenile detention and emergency hearings will held on Wednesdays 9:00a.m. or as otherwise scheduled by the court.
- In-custody arraignments will be held as needed.
- If you are requesting emergency orders a drop box will be made available to you at the courthouse located at 532 Oak Street, Colusa, CA 95932.
- Any parties with matters previously scheduled during the period of the closure will receive a notice of their rescheduled date. Please check our website for additional information.
Other operations will be modified as follows:
- Clerk windows will be closed.
- Self-Help Center will be closed.
Access to justice is an important right of each citizen. The decision to limit functions within the court was made based on information provided by federal and state health officials and in an attempt to protect the public and staff from exposure to COVID-19.
Further adjustments may be made to the court’s calendar, depending on the changing circumstances of the public health threat of COVID-19. The court will monitor the situation and continue to consult with the Judicial Council and local public health officials. Please check the Court’s website at www.colusa.courts.ca.gov for updates.
Persons having court dates during the periods of the closure should contact their attorney for further information. Please be advised that information will be updated on the court’s website at www.colusa.courts.ca.gov with all the latest details provided to the court.
We regret any inconvenience this closure may cause.
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.