RECORDER‐CLERK OFFICE CLOSURES AND ALTERNATIVES TO WALK‐IN SERVICES
Due to the El Dorado County Public Health Officer directive issued March 19, 2020, the El Dorado County Recorder‐Clerk is closing the office to the public effective March 23, 2020 at 8:00 am, to slow the spread of COVID‐19. We will continue to serve you as described below.
- Official Record Recordings – Electronic recording through title companies will remain unchanged. We will process documents through the mail as usual. We have a dropbox available at the front of
Building B located at 360 Fair Lane in Placerville, CA 95667. Please visit our website at https://www.edcgov.us/Government/CountyClerk/Pages/forms.aspx for forms and fees.
- Certified Copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Records – Request for certified copies of birth, death and marriage records may be submitted online through VitalChek, by mail or dropbox. Please visit our website at https://www.edcgov.us/Government/CountyClerk/Pages/forms.aspx for the appropriate forms. Requests will be processed within 2 working days.
- Marriage Licenses – Will be issued to El Dorado County residents by appointment only. Residents will be required to provide proof of residence (utility bill, mortgage statement, or address on valid photo identification is acceptable). Please call 530‐621‐5490 to schedule an appointment.
- Fictitious Business Name Statements and CEQA filings – May be done by mail or dropbox.
- Notary Public Registrations – May be completed by mail or call 530‐621‐5490 to schedule an appointment.
- Official Record Copies – Requests for official record copies can be made by mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at 530‐621‐5490.
- Phone calls and emails – Every effort will be made to return your call or email no later than the next business day.
- DropBox ‐ Will be checked Monday through Friday at 10 am and 2 pm.
We value the residents of El Dorado County and will continue to strive to provide you with exceptional service during these challenging and unpredictable times.
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.