Effective Monday, August 10, 2020, LACourtConnect (LACC) will be expanded for scheduling remote appearances for Family Law cases, as outlined below, for matters on calendar starting August 17 and 30 days thereafter. LACC is already in use for Probate and Civil cases (except Collections, Small Claims and Unlawful Detainer cases, which will have LACC available for use effective August 10.)
Schedule remote courtroom appearances for Family Law cases in these courthouses:
Michael D. Antonovich Antelope Valley, Chatsworth, Compton, Governor George Deukmejian (Long Beach), Inglewood, Stanley Mosk, Pasadena, Pomona, Santa Monica, Torrance, Van Nuys East, and Whittier.
LACC is a new Court service that allows attorneys to schedule remote appearances as easy as 1-2-3.
STEP ONE — IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY DONE SO, CREATE YOUR COURT IDENTITY IN THE NEW ATTORNEY PORTAL. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A COURT ID, GO TO STEP 2.
- Visit the Court website’s Here For You | Safe For You page.
- At the Attorney Portal, create your online Court identity (your Court ID). It’s a one-time process.
Your Court ID is a single sign-in credential that gives you access to basic features of the Attorney Portal and all features of LACourtConnect. Each member of your support staff can also create a Court ID, so they can schedule remote appearances on your behalf.
STEP TWO — SCHEDULE YOUR REMOTE APPEARANCE BEGINNING AUGUST 10
As of August 10, 2020, the Family Law Division will permit participants in Restraining Order and Contempt matters to schedule audio or video remote appearances on August 17 or later. For all other Family Law matter appearances, participants will be permitted to schedule audio remote appearances only (not video remote appearances). However, the judicial officer may later authorize a participant to schedule a video appearance for a continued hearing date. At a future date, the Court expects to offer participants the choice of an audio or a video remote appearance for all Family Law matters.
Attorneys handling Family Law cases are encouraged to:
- Sign in to the Attorney Portal here with your Court ID and click on the LACourtConnect logo.
- Schedule remote appearances for Family Law cases on calendar the week of August 17 and 30 days thereafter.
A Help Center on the Attorney Portal pages will link you to full instructions at this link (https://my.lacourt.org/attorney/#/guides/full), technical specifications at this link (https://my.lacourt.org/attorney/#/guides/techspec) and contact information for obtaining assistance.
STEP THREE — PARTICIPATE IN YOUR REMOTE HEARING BEGINNING AUGUST 17
- Sign in at least 15 minutes before the scheduled hearing by using the link (for video appearances) or calling the number (for audio only) provided in the confirmation email you receive when you schedule the appearance.
- To improve your remote appearance experience and to ensure delays in the hearing do not occur, please test your equipment in advance as noted in the Quick Reference Guide at this link (https://www.lacourt.org/documents/LACCQuickReference.pdf).
Part of the Court’s Here For You | Safe For You plan, LACourtConnect provides a safe and convenient alternative to in-person appearances. This Court-developed technology allows parties to appear in court via video or audio, without having to come to court.
LACourtConnect provides the following benefits:
- Promotes convenience and choice through cost-effective audio and video options;
- Reduces the number of court visitors, which assists with social distancing protocols;
- Eliminates driving and parking costs; and
- Saves commute time to courthouses.
Information on Here For You | Safe For You can be found here and on Twitter (@LASuperiorCourt).
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.