SCHEDULING FOR UDS, COLLECTION CASES NOT YET AVAILABLE UNTIL NEXT MONTH
Effective Monday, July 27, 2020, LACourtConnect (LACC) will be expanded for scheduling Civil outside of the Central District, as outlined below, for cases on calendar starting August 3 and thereafter. LACC is already in use in Probate, and in Civil cases in the Stanley Mosk and Spring Street courthouses.
Schedule remote courtroom appearances for eligible Civil cases in these courthouses:
Alhambra, Michael D. Antonovich Antelope Valley, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Chatsworth, Compton, Governor George Deukmejian (Long Beach), Glendale, Metropolitan (Department 69), Norwalk, Pasadena, Pomona, Santa Monica, Torrance, and Van Nuys East.
LACC is a new Court service that allows attorneys to schedule remote appearances as easy as 1-2-3.
STEP ONE – IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY DONE SO, CREATE YOUR COURT IDENTITY ON THE NEW ATTORNEY PORTAL. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A COURT ID, GO TO STEP TWO.
- Visit the Court website’s Here For You | Safe For You page.
- At the Attorney Portal, create your online Court identity (your Court ID). It’s a one-time process.
Your Court ID is a single sign-in credential that gives you access to basic features of the Attorney Portal and all features of LACourtConnect. Each member of your support staff can also create a Court ID, so they can schedule remote appearances on your behalf.
STEP TWO — SCHEDULE YOUR REMOTE APPEARANCE BEGINNING JULY 27
Attorneys handling eligible, non-Central District Civil cases are encouraged to:
• Sign in to the Attorney Portal here with your Court ID and click on the LACourtConnect logo.
• Schedule remote appearances for eligible Civil cases on calendar the week of August 3 and thereafter.
A Help Center on the Attorney Portal pages will provide full instructions at this link (https://my.lacourt.org/attorney/#/guides/full), technical specifications at this link (https://my.lacourt.org/attorney/#/guides/techspec) and contact information for obtaining assistance.
STEP THREE — PARTICIPATE IN YOUR REMOTE HEARING BEGINNING AUGUST 3
- Sign in at least 15 minutes before the scheduled hearing by using the link (for video appearances) or calling the number (for audio only) provided in the confirmation email you receive when you schedule the appearance.
- To improve your remote appearance experience and to ensure delays in the hearing do not occur, please test your equipment in advance as noted in the Quick Reference Guide at this link (https://my.lacourt.org/attorney/#/guides/laccquickref).
Part of the Court’s Here For You | Safe For You plan, LACourtConnect provides a safe and convenient alternative to in-person appearances. This Court-developed technology allows parties to appear in court via video or audio, without having to come to court.
LACourtConnect provides the following benefits:
- Promotes convenience and choice through cost-effective audio and video options;
- Reduces the number of court visitors, which assists with social distancing protocols;
- Eliminates driving and parking costs; and
- Saves commute time to courthouses.
Information on Here For You | Safe For You can be found here and on Twitter (@LASuperiorCourt).
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.