JOIN 30,000 ATTORNEYS USING THE COURT’S ATTORNEY PORTAL TO ACCESS LACOURTCONNECT TO APPEAR REMOTELY FOR HEARINGS
NEW ATTORNEY PORTAL, LACC FEATURES AVAILABLE NOW & MORE COMING SOON
Attorneys are quickly realizing the benefits of the Court’s new Attorney Portal – the gateway to exclusive services for attorneys with a single sign-on, including access to LACourtConnect (LACC), the new Court-developed solution for remote courtroom appearances.
The Court recently introduced new LACC upgrades for users including a convenient tool to test your audio and video hardware before a hearing to assure a successful remote hearing experience for all participants, with new features coming over the next few weeks including 1) a much-desired active participant list viewable on the screen by all users and a total participant tally; 2) anchoring the judicial officer and courtroom counsel table on the video display, and 3) adding functionality to allow a hearing participant to lower a virtual ‘raised’ hand.
Don’t miss out on the benefits of these attorney-tailored features, including new and improved, frequent upgrades to the well-received LACC. If you haven’t joined the tens of thousands of attorneys already benefiting from these online services, go to the Attorney Portal now to create your unique Court ID. New features are frequently added to the Attorney Portal and next month the Court will introduce a new tier of subscription-based services—so don’t miss out and check the site often for announcements at this link (https://my.lacourt.org/attorney/#/).
Haven’t been to the Attorney Portal this week? Visit the portal now for more information on new LACC improvements to improve the user experience:
- Test your equipment prior to the hearing.
- Users can go to https://lacourtvideo.sonexis.net/helper to test your devices before the hearing date to avoid technical issues that may cause case delays and disruption.
- Make a Remote Reservation for ‘Other’ hearing attendees.
- This feature was added to register people who have a role in the proceeding such as witnesses or insurance adjustors.
- Use one Court ID to schedule multiple attorneys for the same case/hearing.
- Schedulers can register more than one attorney or other party to the same case/hearing using one Court ID. This improvement eliminates the need to use multiple Court IDs to register more than one attorney or participant for the hearing. Email confirmations can also be sent to each attendee.
- Add up to three additional email addresses to receive confirmation and reminders.
- This feature allows office staff who handle scheduling and/or billing to receive appearance notification.
Don’t miss out. Join your colleagues already taking advantage of the Attorney Portal and its direct access to LACC. Get ready for more functions coming soon:
- Text chat among participants.
- “Pin” other participants to your screen view, no matter who else speaks.
- Audio and video mixed private conferences.
Part of the Court’s Here For You | Safe For You plan, LACourtConnect provides a safe and convenient alternative to in-person appearances. This Court-developed technology allows parties to appear in court via video or audio, without having to come to court. Information on Here For You | Safe For You can be found here and on Twitter (@LASuperiorCourt).
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.