Lacourtconnect Video Platform Will Begin Transition To Microsoft Teams
Starting This Week To Improve User Experience For Remote Courtroom Appearances
Effective May 10, the Court will begin a month-long, gradual transition to Microsoft Teams to improve video and audio performance via LACourtConnect (LACC), the Court’s remote courtroom appearance technology in Civil, Family Law, Probate, Small Claims, and Traffic. The transition, which will result in some disruption, ultimately will improve video and audio reliability and quality, as well as the user experience.
This upgrade will result in minimal inconvenience to users. The Court appreciates users’ patience as it implements a Teams video and audio platform for 250+ courtrooms – a change that impacts tens of thousands of participants.
The Court thanks attorneys who have provided valuable feedback about the LACC remote courtroom appearances. The pandemic’s sudden onset and urgency resulted in an expedited LACC implementation schedule. LACC has provided safe and convenient access to justice; however, an update, like all technological innovations, is required to improve the user experience. Every effort will be made to reduce disruption – although some inconvenience is inevitable with this video and audio upgrade.
Deployment of First Phase Courtrooms
- The full courtroom deployment plan and transition dates may be found on the LACC page at this link.
- During the transition, LACC users will be able to schedule a LACC remote courtroom appearance 14 days before the hearing date instead of up to 30 days.
- Important note for LACC registrants in Phase 1 courtrooms with hearings between May 10-May 23:
- On May 5, look for an email notification from No-ReplyCourtNotify@lacourt.org indicating a new Teams link will be sent May 6-8 to replace the prior meeting link.
- From May 6-8, look for an email from LACourtConnect@lacourt.org with the new Teams meeting link that replaces the original registration link.
- There is no need to re-register to appear remotely for the hearing. Simply follow the new link in the second email received on May 6, 7, or 8.
While this transition will undoubtedly cause some disruption and need for assistance, the Court will provide these support options:
ATTORNEY PORTAL – Frequent updates and training materials on the Attorney Portal. The Court’s exclusive portal for attorneys, the Attorney Portal, is a convenient and central resource to access LACC hearings, features to help attorneys, and timely LACC updates. The Attorney Portal offers basic services for free. A subscription-based Advanced Attorney Portal option provides enhanced features and a convenient way to access video links to hearings. More information on the transition is available here. Resource guides for attending a remote courtroom appearance in Teams are available here.
“ATTORNEY SANDBOX” – This resource will be available for anyone who wants to test the Teams meeting courtroom platform. This Attorney Sandbox will be available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 4–5 p.m., starting May 5 through June 10, and is accessible via the link and information below:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 323-488-2201,761999924# United States, Los Angeles Phone Conference ID: 761 999 924#
Find a local number | Reset PIN
Learn More | Meeting options
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.