|People with Traffic or Non-Traffic Infraction citation matters, with a scheduled hearing on or after September 14, may be eligible to appear remotely for your cases without coming to court using LACourtConnect. Before you sign up for your audio-only remote appearance, here is what you need to know:
You cannot attend your hearing remotely if any of the following apply:
- You are scheduled for a trial;
- You want to argue you are not the person named on the citation;
- You want to present any documents or forms, such as a proof of correction, proof of insurance, photos, any information in paper or from a smartphone or other device, etc.; or
- You wish to provide any other information that cannot be presented during an audio-only (no video) appearance.
You can schedule a remote audio-only appearance for a hearing within the next 30 days.
You will be required to read and agree to four steps before you are eligible to register for a remote appearance. Please read the information on the website carefully.
CREATE YOUR COURT ID:
Other Important Information:
- Video is not available. You can make your audio appearance only by telephone.
- Your last chance to schedule a remote audio appearance is two hours before the hearing’s start time. The registration process takes time so do not wait until the day of the hearing to start it.
- When you schedule a remote audio appearance, you will receive an important email confirmation. You need this email to connect to your hearing. You cannot connect to the hearing by going to the LACC website. Keep track of this confirmation email.
- A single, non-reimbursable cost-recovery fee of $15 will cover remote appearances for more than one citation, ONLY if the citations are scheduled at the same courtroom, on the same day, and at the same time. If you have multiple citations scheduled for different days, times, or courtrooms, a separate $15 non-reimbursable cost-recovery fee will be required for each separate courtroom audio appearance.
All information and instructions for using LACC are found on the Court’s website at: https://www.lacourt.org/lacc/.
Part of the Court’s Here For You | Safe For You initiative, LACourtConnect allows you to appear in court remotely by audio for Traffic arraignments or other non-trial court appearances and provides the following benefits:
- Promotes convenience and choice through a cost-effective audio option;
- Reduces the number of court visitors, which assists with social distancing protocols;
- Eliminates driving and parking costs; and
- Saves commute time to courthouses.
Information on Here For You | Safe For You can be found here and on Twitter (@LASuperiorCourt).