Effective Monday, September 14, 2020, LACourtConnect (LACC), the Court’s remote courtroom appearance solution, will be available to people with Traffic and Non-Traffic Infraction tickets for arraignment and other matters, except trials. Use LACC to appear remotely by audio from a convenient, safe location without having to come to the courthouse.
Before you get started, please take note of these important details:
- You can make your remote audio appearance either by 1) using a telephone or 2) using a voice-calling application on your computer.
- On or after September 4, you may schedule your remote audio appearance that is within the next 30 days.
- Your last chance to schedule a remote audio appearance is two hours before the hearing’s start time. The registration process takes time so do not wait until the day of the hearing to start it.
- When you schedule a remote audio appearance, you will receive an important email confirmation. You need this email to connect to your hearing. You cannot connect to the hearing by going to the LACC website. Keep track of this confirmation email.
- If you schedule a remote audio appearance and then want to cancel, you must do so before 8 a.m. the day of the hearing or you will be charged the $15 audio appearance fee. There are no refunds – cancel if you change your mind.
- DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER. Use Google Chrome 65 or later, or Mozilla Firefox 52 or later, on both Windows and Apple devices.
**IMPORTANT: FOLLOW THESE THREE STEPS CAREFULLY**
STEP ONE – CREATE YOUR COURT ID
To use LACC and appear by audio, you must first create a Court ID on the Court’s website. Go to this page (https://www.lacourt.org/lacc/guides/lacccreateid) and follow the steps to create your Court ID. Your Court ID will consist of your email address (user name) and a password that you create. You will need this user name and password to sign in to LACC to schedule your remote audio appearance.
STEP TWO – SCHEDULE YOUR REMOTE APPEARANCE BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 4
As of September 4, 2020, LACC is available to litigants to schedule a remote audio appearance for arraignment on Traffic and Non-Traffic Infraction tickets or other non-trial court appearances. Video is not available.
Go to https://lacourt.portalscloud.com/VCourt/, click the Schedule button, and use your Court ID to sign in. You will be able to schedule your remote appearance for any hearing on the calendar during the next 30 days.
STEP 3 – PARTICIPATE IN YOUR REMOTE HEARING BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 14
If you will be using computer audio, please test your equipment as noted in the Quick Reference Guides below to avoid causing delays during your hearing.
English Version: https://www.lacourt.org/documents/LACCQuickReference.pdf
Spanish Version: https://www.lacourt.org/documents/LACCQuickReferenceSp.pdf
When you call in, at least 15 minutes before your hearing time, dial the number provided in the confirmation email you received when you scheduled your remote audio appearance. Enter the conference ID number and the PIN provided in the email. Your audio input will be on mute until the hearing begins.
If you need help, there is a Help Center on the bottom of this webpage: (https://www.lacourt.org/lacc/).
Part of the Court’s Here For You | Safe For You initiative, LACourtConnect allows you to appear in court remotely by audio for Traffic arraignments or other non-trial court appearances, and provides the following benefits:
- Promotes convenience and choice through a cost-effective audio option;
- Reduces the number of court visitors, which assists with social distancing protocols;
- Eliminates driving and parking costs; and
- Saves commute time to courthouses.
Information on Here For You | Safe For You can be found here and on Twitter (@LASuperiorCourt).
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.