The Attorney Portal and LACourtConnect make your remote appearance scheduling as easy as 1–2–3.
- At the Attorney Portal, create your online Court identity – your Court ID. It’s a one-time process.
- Within the Attorney Portal, click to go to LACourtConnect and schedule your remote appearances.
- Use LACourtConnect’s video and audio technology to participate remotely in your scheduled hearings.
CREATE YOUR COURT ID STARTING JUNE 7
Effective June 7, ALL attorneys are encouraged to create their Court ID at the Attorney Portal:
- Go here on June 7, 2020 to create a Court ID consisting of your email address and password.
- Your Court ID is a single sign-in credential that gives you access to basic features of the Attorney Portal and all features of LACourtConnect.
- Each member of your support staff can also create a Court ID, so they can schedule remote appearances on your behalf.
Effective June 15, Probate attorneys and attorneys with Mandatory Settlement Conferences are encouraged to:
- Sign in to the Attorney Portal here on June 15 with your Court ID and go to LACourtConnect.
- Schedule remote appearances ONLY for Probate and Civil Mandatory Settlement Conferences for cases on calendar the week of June 22 and thereafter.
- A Help Center on the Attorney Portal pages will link you to full instructions, instructions by topic and contact information for help.
PARTICIPATE IN YOUR REMOTE HEARING
Effective June 22, Probate attorneys and attorneys with Mandatory Settlement Conferences should sign in at least 15 minutes before the scheduled hearing by following the link (for video appearances) or calling the number (for audio-only) provided in the confirmation email you receive when you schedule the appearance.
PHASED INTRODUCTION OF LACOURTCONNECT TO OTHER LITIGATION AREAS DURING SUMMER 2020
LACourtConnect will launch in phases in more litigation areas throughout the summer as outlined below:
SUBSCRIBE TO ADVANCED ATTORNEY PORTAL FEATURES
Starting late this summer, you can subscribe to a set of advanced features that make the Attorney Portal your one-stop location for accessing case documents filed with the Court and viewing a calendar of your cases. You will also be able to delegate access on a case basis to your fellow attorneys and support staff. Details will be provided soon.
Part of the Court’s Here For You | Safe For You plan, LACourtConnect provides a safe and convenient alternative to in-person appearances. This Court-developed technology allows parties to appear in court via video or audio, without having to come to court.
LACourtConnect provides the following benefits:
- Promotes convenience and choice through cost-effective audio and video options;
- Reduces the number of court visitors, which assists with social distancing protocols;
- Eliminates driving and parking costs; and
- Saves commute time to courthouses.
Information on Here For You | Safe For You can be found here and Twitter page (@LASuperiorCourt).
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.