March 23rd, 2020
On March 17, 2020 the Mono County Public Health Officer issued an Order that prohibits all non-essential public gatherings, regardless of size. On March 19, 2020, the Governor of California issued Executive Order N-33-20 (Governor’s Order) and ordered “all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence except as needed…”
As part of the State’s critical infrastructure, the Superior Court of Mono County remains open. However, in light of the ongoing State of Emergency regarding COVID-19, the County’s Order, and the Governor’s Order, the Court is announcing actions to reduce access to the Mammoth Lakes and Bridgeport courthouses.
The Court has authorized telephonic appearances to the fullest extent authorized by Rule 3.670 of the California Rules of Court, counsel and self-represented parties should make arrangements to appear telephonically by contacting the Clerk of the Court.
The Mammoth Lakes and Bridgeport courthouses will be closed to the public except for the following time-sensitive, essential functions:
- Ex-parte Temporary Restraining Orders: Domestic Violence, Civil Harassment and Requests for Gun Violence Restraining Orders;
- Emergency Temporary Family Law Orders;
- Juvenile Court Temporary Restraining Orders;
- Juvenile Court warrants to protect the health, safety, and welfare of a minor;
- Emergency Probate Orders, including Emergency Conservatorships and Emergency Guardianships;
- Search Warrants and Ramey Warrants;
- Writs of Habeas Corpus or writs seeking emergency relief;
- Such other matters that the court finds to be necessary and essential
If you have a scheduled hearing, an appointment, or you are required to appear, proceed as follows:
- If you are seeking a restraining order, please contact the Mono County District Attorney Office, Victim Services Department, 760 924-1710, or come to the Court.
- If you are represented by an attorney, contact your attorney.
- If you are not represented by an attorney, email the court at email@example.com.
- If you are an attorney who is scheduled to appear in court, please email the court at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ALL JURY TRIALS ARE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
If you have any other court business, email the appropriate division
- Infractions/Tickets please email the court at email@example.com
- Civil Cases please email the court at firstname.lastname@example.org
- General matters please phone the court Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., at 760 924-5444
To view the full notice click here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.