The Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco, hereby provides public notice, pursuant to Government Code Section 68106, of a reduction of hours for clerks’ offices. This reduction in hours is necessary to meet a budget-driven decrease in staffing. Court staffing levels have decreased by 30 percent over the past 10 years.
Effective October 22, 2018, all Clerks’ Offices will close to the public at 2 p.m. everyday. This is a reduction of two hours per day.
All of the clerks’ offices are affected. These clerks’ offices are located at:
- Civil Clerk’s Office, 400 McAllister Street, Civic Center Courthouse (CCC), Room 103
- Unified Family Court Clerk’s Office, 400 McAllister Street, CCC, Room 402
- Criminal Clerk’s Office, 850 Bryant Street, Hall of Justice (HOJ), Room 101
- Traffic Court Clerk’s Office, 850 Bryant Street, HOJ, Room 145
- Juvenile Delinquency Clerk’s Office, 375 Woodside Avenue, Juvenile Justice Center, Room 101.
All clerks’ offices will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Drop boxes will be available outside each main entrance of all clerk’s offices between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Documents received in the drop box by 4 p.m. will be processed with a same-day filing date.