March 24, 2020
To the extent, this notice conflicts with any previous notices, the most current update shall govern.
The San Diego Superior Court has added to the list of time-sensitive, essential functions that are available to provide additional emergency services during the COVID-19 Court Service Suspension. Effective March 24, 2020, the additional following services are now available:
- Emergency surrogacy order requests (members of the public with such a need are asked to notify the court with their request through the email address: FAM@SDCOURT.CA.GOV).
- Chamber ex parte requests for Elder Abuse, Workplace Violence, and School Violence Restraining Orders.
- Probable cause determinations for persons arrested without a warrant.
- Requests and orders for lower bail or own recognizance release from custody pursuant to Penal Code § 1269c.
- Requests and orders for release from custody pursuant to stipulations between defense counsel and the prosecution.
For more detailed information regarding the newly added emergency services, please see General Order No. 032420-36, which is posted on the Court’s website.
In an effort to mitigate community spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the San Diego Superior Court has suspended all non-emergency services effective March 17, 2020 – April 3, 2020. All court days from March 17, 2020 to April 3, 2020, inclusive, will be deemed a court holiday for purposes of computing the time for filing papers with the court pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure sections 12 and 12a. For more detailed information regarding the impact on other statutory deadlines, please see General Order No. 031820-34, which is posted on the Court’s website.
View the full notice and services available here.