Non-Emergency Court Hearings to be Continued – Jury Service, Clinics, Workshops and other Services Temporarily Closed.
In an effort to promote the health and safety of court users and employees as well as mitigate community spread of the Covid-19/Coronavirus, The San Diego Superior Court has suspended all non-emergency services effective March 17, 2020-April 3, 2020:
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, THE COURT WILL BE CLOSED FOR:
- All criminal proceedings including arraignments, readiness, pre-trial motions, trials and
- All civil proceedings will be rescheduled.
- All Unlawful Detainer (UD) matters will be rescheduled.
- All family court departments are closed.
- All family court counseling and mediation matters will be rescheduled.
- The Family Law Facilitator’s office will be closed to the public.
- All clinics and workshops have been canceled.
- All family support matters will be rescheduled.
- All traffic matters will be rescheduled.
- All those cited to appear in Traffic Court will have a 30-day grace period starting when the court reopens all services (monitor sdcourt.ca.gov for service updates)
- All Small Claims matters will be continued.
- The Small Claims Advisor will be closed.
- All Juvenile Dependency and Delinquency matters will be continued.
- All adoption and citation calendars will be continued.
- All Probate hearings are suspended.
- All in-person visits related to guardianship and conservatorship cases will be suspended.
THE COURT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR:
- Chamber ex-parte requests for civil harassment TROs, DVTROs, and Gun Violence Protective Orders at each branch.
- Emergency ex-parte lockout proceedings (UD).
- One Family law judge at each branch will review ex-parte requests for emergency TROs, Guardianship requests where a minor’s safety is at risk.
- One Juvenile judge will be available for emergency orders and Dependency detentions.
- One Probate judge will be available to cover emergency conservatorship and other emergency orders in Probate.
- All search warrants (day and night) will be electronically submitted.
If you have a case and have a case-specific question, you are asked to submit an email. Non-case specific questions will not be answered. You must include your name and case number:
In addition, effective March 17, 2020 – April 3, 2020, the Court will institute the following change:
- All jurors summoned for the dates March 16, 2020-April 3, 2020, are not to report to the courthouse. You have fulfilled your service. Jurors summoned past April 5, 2020 are to monitor this website for additional information.
- WORKSHOPS AND CLINICS
- All workshops and clinics have been canceled from March 16, 2020-April 3, 2020.
- All Court Volunteers, including Temporary Judges and Justice Corps members, are not to report to their assigned courthouses.
- COURT RESEARCHERS
- All Court Research activities will be discontinued until after April 5, 2020. Please monitor sdcourt.ca.gov for any updated information on this activity.
The public is urged to monitor the San Diego Superior Court website (sdcourt.ca.gov) for updated information.
View the full notice here.