OFFICE CLOSURE and ALTERNATIVES TO WALK-IN SERVICES
Updated 3-20-2020 11:30 AM
To help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID19) the Clerk-Recorder’s offices are closed to walk-in customers as of 5:00 PM March 18, 2020, until further notice. In the meantime, we will continue to serve you as described below. You may also use our drop box located at 1055 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo for any documents which can be submitted by mail or fax.
- Real Estate – Electronic recording through title companies remains unchanged. We will process documents sent through the mail as usual. We will also accept documents for recording via the dropbox.
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Records Requests – Requests for vital records (birth, death, and marriage records) may be submitted online through VitalChek, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted via mail, fax, or dropbox. Please visit https://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Departments/Clerk-Recorder/Vital-Records-(Births,-Deaths,-Marriages).aspx for more information regarding vital record requests.
- Marriage Licenses – Suspended until further notice.
- Official Record Purchases – Official records (purchase of copies) submitted by mail or fax will be processed as usual. Copies may also be purchased through the online portal at https://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Departments/Clerk-Recorder/All-Services/RecordedDocument-Copies.aspx.
- Phone Calls and Emails – Phone calls, voicemails, and emails will be answered based on the availability of staff. Please call (805) 781-5080 for questions regarding vital records (birth, death, and marriage) or questions regarding recorded documents. For an election or voter registration questions, please call (805) 781-5228 or email email@example.com If you have trouble getting through, please be patient and try again.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this emergency.
View the full notice here.