In light of recent developments, including new guidance from the Governor of the State of California as well as a new Order from our Public Health Department, the Clerk-Recorder’s Office will not be able to provide services for walk-in customers from March 16, 2020, until further notice.
We also have a drop box located in front of the Clerk-Recorder’s Office. Please ensure that your dropped off packet is securely packaged in an envelope/mailing box. Also please be sure to enclose a check or credit card authorization (please reference our fee schedule). Once the drop off request has been processed, the completed requests will be returned by mail.
- Real Estate – There will be no real estate recording accepted for walk-in customers. We will also process documents sent through the mail and received through our drop box inside the County Government Center at 70 W. Hedding Street, East Wing, near the entrance of the Clerk-Recorder Office. Please note that all real estate recording drop-offs will be processed and mailed out within 6 and 8 weeks.
- Grantor/Grantee Index – While there are no walk-in customers allowed to use the public research area, the Clerk-Recorder’s Office can send out a .csv file through email that contains all of the recordings for the day. These files will include: date, document number, grantor/grantee, document title(s), and transfer tax paid. To receive these emails, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Request for Recorded Documents Report” in order to be reviewed and added to our email list.
- Passport Applications – Passport applications will not be accepted or processed.
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Records Requests – Requests for vital records (birth, death, and marriage records) submitted online through the Vitalchek service, as well as requests received through the mail and our drop box will be processed. A completed sworn statement in addition to a notary acknowledgment is required. Completed requests will be sent through the US mail within 4 to 6 weeks.
- Business Filings, Official Record Purchases – Business filings and official records (purchase of copies) submitted through the mail or the drop box will be processed. Completed requests will be sent through the US mail within 4 to 6 weeks.
- Marriage Licenses that have been issued and ready for recording will be accepted through the mail or the drop box.
- CEQA Posting per Public Resources Code section 21152(c) – To view the complete document, please check the Clerk-Recorder’s Office website at https://www.sccgov.org/sites/rec/services/Pages/ceqa/ceqa-postings.aspx
- General Phone Calls and Emails – Phone calls, voicemails and emails may be answered based on availability of staff.