|Due to the passage of local ballot measures, transfer taxes for the following cities are scheduled to increase. For the most current tax rates, refer to the official website for the county where each city is located.
- Alameda County
- Albany Measure CC – 1/1/2021 increases the City’s documentary transfer tax from $11.50 per $1,000 to $15.00 per $1,000
- San Leandro Measure VV – 12/24/2020 increases the City’s documentary transfer tax from $6.00 per $1,000 to $11.00 per $1,000
- Los Angeles County
- Culver City Measure RE – 4/1/2021 increases the real estatedocumentary transfer tax rates to 1.5% for transactions of $1.5 million to less than $3 million, to 3% for transactions from $3 million to less than $10 million, and to 4% for transactions of $10 million or more, in all cases other than transactions involving affordable housing projects
- Santa Monica Measure SM – 3/1/2021 increases the City’s documentary transfer tax on transactions in excess of $5 million from $3.00 per $1,000 to $6.00 per $1,000
- San Francisco County
- San Francisco Prop I – 1/1/2021 increases the real estate documentary transfer tax to 5.5% for transactions of $10 million to $25 million and to 6% for transactions of $25 million or more
First Legal can assist you with recording your documents electronically or in paper.
Click here for more information on eRecording.
Click here for a list of counties where First Legal is approved to eRecord on your behalf.