March 20, 2020
Stanislaus County Clerk – Recorder, Election Division has made the difficult decision to limit public access effective Friday, March 20, 2020, through April 5, 2020, in order to do our part in slowing the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). This action aligns with the closing of local school districts and local governments.
It is our goal to maintain essential services to the public and County staff will continue to be available during this challenging time.
The following services will be available as outlined below:
- Real Estate – Documents can be mailed to Stanislaus County Clerk – Recorder, PO Box 1008, Modesto CA 95353 or if sent via overnight carrier, to Stanislaus County Clerk – Recorder 1021 “I” Modesto, CA 95354. Any questions regarding payment or document recordability can be emailed to moc.ytnuocnats@redrocer or you may call 209-525-5279
- Birth, Death, and Marriage Record Requests – Requests for birth, death or marriage records can be submitted online through Vitalchek.com or through the mail at Stanislaus County Clerk-Recorder P.O. Box 1670 Modesto, CA 95353. Requests through the mail will be processed daily. Completed requests will be returned through the US mail.
- Official Records copies & searches – Any member of the public may view the online index of document recordings or maps through our website at www.Criis.com. We will not be able to perform property records search for the public during the closure. There are local title companies, attorneys and abstractors that can assist the public with property-related matters.
- Fictitious Business Name Statements – Any member of the public can file their Business Name Statement through the mail at Stanislaus County Clerk – Recorder, PO Box 1670, Modesto CA 95353.
- Marriage License – All civil ceremonies have been canceled as of this time and no new appointments will be made until further notice. Those needing to obtain a marriage license for emergency purposes may contact our office at 209-525-5269 to inquire if circumstances have changed.
- Passport Applications – Passport applications will not be accepted or processed.
- General Phone Calls, Emails, and other services – Phone calls, voicemails, and emails will be answered.
- Elections – all election services can be obtained via email at moc.ytnuocnats@etovnats, or through the mail at Stanislaus County Registrar of Voters, 1021 I Street, Modesto, CA 95354.
- Contact Us – Questions via telephone, voicemail, and email will be answered as soon as possible. Clerk-Recorder and Election hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
View the full notice here.