TEHAMA SUPERIOR COURT NOTICE ON COURT OPERATIONS – COVID19
The Superior Court of California, County of Tehama had recently implemented emergency orders as signed by Chief Justice, Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye which provided for a Court closure from Thursday, March 19, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020. Due to the continued state of emergency, the Court will remain closed to the public until Monday, May 4, 2020, with limited exceptions. Persons having court dates during the closure period should check the Court’s website for their rescheduled dates at http://www.tehamacourt.ca.gov or consult with their attorney.
As the Court continues to balance the need to provide essential services to the public and community with the ongoing health concerns related to COVID-19, the following adjustments to our limited calendars and operations will be made effective Monday, April 6, 2020 through Friday, May 1, 2020.
Court calendars will be limited to:
- Hearings for in-custody arraignments, juvenile detentions, restraining and emergency orders will be held Monday through Thursday at 1:15 p.m. and Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- Felony preliminary hearings will be held Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m.
- Felony settlement conferences/trial confirmations will be held on Fridays at 9:00 a.m.
- Certain juvenile dependency matters will be held on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m.
The number of hearings on each calendar are being reduced to the extent possible in order reduce foot traffic in the courthouse. When possible, telephonic and video options will be utilized and many hearings are being continued to May and June. In addition, beginning March 23, 2020, jury trials have been suspended for a period of sixty (60) days.
To further reduce the number of individuals in the courthouse, entrance shall be limited to those individuals conducting legitimate business. Parties, their attorneys, witnesses, and those required to participate may enter the courthouse on the day of their hearings. All visitors and observers are to remain outside of the courthouse.
While at the courthouse, individuals are strongly encouraged to practice appropriate hygiene and suggested six-foot social distancing measures.
Filings and other operations:
A drop box for all filing types is available outside of the main entrance of the courthouse located at 1740 Walnut Street, Red Bluff, CA. The drop box will be checked multiple times each business day by the Clerk’s Office and requests for emergency orders will continue to be processed in a timely manner. Filings can also be submitted by mail. If your filing necessitates a response from the Court you should include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
For general questions, you may contact the Court Clerk’s Office by telephone between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. by calling (530) 527-3563.
Court users should utilize various options available to minimize the necessity of coming to the courthouse. Those are:
- For general questions, you may contact the Court Clerk’s Office by telephone between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. by calling (530) 527-3563.
- Self-Help Center will be closed but remote assistance by email is available at email@example.com. or by visiting https://www.sharpcourts.org.
- Telephone payments can be made by calling (530) 737-5100.
- Online payment options are available at https://www.tehama.courts.ca.gov/onlineservices/index.htm.
- Telephonic appearances are available in certain case and hearing types. More information can be found on our website at https://www.tehamacourts.ca.gov/divisions/civil-familylaw.htm.
- Appointments with the Mediator and Family Law Facilitator will be held by phone and video to the extent possible.
Access to justice is an important right of each citizen. The decision to limit functions within the court was made based on information provided by federal and state health officials and in an attempt to protect the public and staff from exposure to COVID-19.
Further adjustments may be made to the Court’s calendar, depending on the ever changing circumstances of the public health threat of COVID-19. The Court will monitor the situation and continue to consult with the Judicial Council and local public health officials. Please continue to check the Court’s website at www.tehamacourt.ca.gov for any and all updates.
View the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.