March 19th, 2020
The Superior Court of California, County of Tehama will be implementing an emergency order signed by the Chief Justice, Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye which provides that the Court will be closed to the public from Thursday, March 19, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020 with the exception of the following calendars.
The order will modify calendars as follows:
- In-custody arraignments will be held Monday through Thursday at 1:15 p.m. and Fridays at 11 a.m.
- Juvenile detentions will be held Monday through Thursday at 1:15 p.m. and Fridays at 11 a.m.
- Felony preliminary hearings will be held Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m.
- Felony Settlement Conferences/Trial Confirmations will be held on Fridays at 9:00 a.m.
- Certain Juvenile Dependency matters will be held on Tuesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- If you are requesting emergency orders a drop box is available to you outside the main entrance of the courthouse located at 1740 Walnut Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080.
- Any restraining orders or temporary orders in place will remain in full force and effect until the date the hearing is continued. Each party in such a case is to prepare an order continuing the temporary order until the new hearing date.
- Any parties with matters previously scheduled during the period of the closure must check our website or the postings on the main entrance of the courthouse located at 1740 Walnut Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080 to determine the rescheduled date. It is expected that these dates will be posted on Friday, March 20th.
Other operations will be modified as follows:
- Clerk windows will be closed and entrance to the courthouse will be limited.
- Self-Help Center will be closed but remote assistance by email is available at firstname.lastname@example.org. or by visiting https://www.sharpcourts.org.
Access to justice is an important right of each citizen. The decision to limit functions within the court was made based on information provided by federal and state health officials and in an attempt to protect the public and staff from exposure to COVID-19.
Further adjustments may be made to the court’s calendar, depending on the changing circumstances of the public health threat of COVID-19. The court will monitor the situation and continue to consult with the Judicial Council and local public health officials. Please continue to check the Court’s website at www.tehamacourt.ca.gov for updates.
Persons having court dates during the periods of the closure can also contact their attorney for further information.
We regret any inconvenience this closure may cause.
View the list of each office closure here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.