March 18th, 2020
The Superior Court of California, County of Tehama will be implementing an emergency order signed by the Chief Justice, Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye which provides that the Court will be closed to the public from Thursday, March 19, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020 with the exception of the following calendars.
The order will modify calendars as follows:
- Felony preliminary hearings and in-custody arraignments will be held Monday through Thursday at 1:15 p.m. and Fridays at 11 a.m.
- Juvenile detentions will be held Monday through Thursday at 1:15 p.m. and Fridays at 11 a.m.
- If you are requesting emergency orders a drop box will be made available to you at the courthouse located at 1740 Walnut Street, Red Bluff, CA 96080.
- Any restraining orders or temporary order in place will remain in effect until April 6th .
- Any parties with matters previously scheduled during the period of the closure will receive a notice of their rescheduled date. Please check our website for additional information.
Other operations will be modified as follows:
- Clerk windows will be closed.
- Self-Help Center will be closed but remote assistance by email is available at firstname.lastname@example.org. or by visiting https://www.sharpcourts.org.
Access to justice is an important right of each citizen. The decision to limit functions within the court was made based on information provided by federal and state health officials and in an attempt to protect the public and staff from exposure to COVID-19.
Further adjustments may be made to the court’s calendar, depending on the changing circumstances of the public health threat of COVID-19. The court will monitor the situation and continue to consult with the Judicial Council and local public health officials. Please check the Court’s website at www.tehamacourt.ca.gov for updates.
Persons having court dates during the periods of the closure should contact their attorney for further information. Please be advised that information will be updated on the courts website at www.tehamacourt.ca.gov with all the latest details provided to the court. Any temporary orders, protective orders and restraining orders expiring during this time are ordered extended until the next court day.
We regret any inconvenience this closure may cause.
View the full notice here.