ANTELOPE VALLEY AREA PRACTITIONERS: REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE COURT’S NEXT JUDICIAL MENTOR PROGRAM WORKSHOP SET FOR NOON ON OCTOBER 25
Featuring California Judicial Appointments Secretary Luis Céspedes and Moderated by Assistant Presiding Judge Sergio C. Tapia II, This Free Virtual Workshop Will Offer a Panel Discussion on the Opportunities for Judicial Mentorship for Attorneys and Commissioners in the Antelope Valley
The Los Angeles Superior Court’s Judicial Mentor Program has opened registration for its next workshop, “High Desert and Surrounding Area Practitioners: You Can Continue to Change Lives from the Bench.” Scheduled for October 25, this virtual workshop has been developed to target attorneys and commissioners in the Antelope Valley and surrounding communities who are interested in exploring a career on the bench.
Please click the link here to register now!
“This workshop is a rare opportunity for attorneys to learn about how their diverse backgrounds and varied disciplines can provide a distinct and valued perspective on the bench,” Presiding Judge Samantha P. Jessner said. “The esteemed panel of judicial leaders and mentors, all currently presiding over courtrooms in the Antelope Valley, will discuss how they adapted to assignments outside of their specialties and leveraged their skill sets to deliver fair and equal access to justice to residents of the region. It is our hope that the next venerable generation of judges to serve the Antelope Valley will be in attendance on October 25.”
- Remarks by:
- Luis Céspedes, California Judicial Appointments Secretary
- Hon. Helen Zukin, Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Division 4, Judicial Selection Advisory Committee Chair
- Hon. Sergio C. Tapia II, Assistant Presiding Judge, Los Angeles Superior Court & Judicial Selection Advisory Committee Member
- Panel Discussion:
- Moderator: Assistant Presiding Judge Sergio C. Tapia II
- Hon. Denise McLaughlin-Bennett, Supervising Judge, North District, Los Angeles Superior Court
- Hon. Donald A. Buddle, Jr., Site Judge, Dependency Division, Los Angeles Superior Court, Alfred J. McCourtney Juvenile Justice Center
- Hon. Stephanie M. Davis, Judge, Dependency Division, Los Angeles Superior Court, Alfred J. McCourtney Juvenile Justice Center
- Hon. Lisa M. Strassner, Judge, Criminal Division, Los Angeles Superior Court, Michael D. Antonovich Antelope Valley Courthouse
WHAT: Los Angeles Superior Court Judicial Mentor Program Workshop
WHEN: 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. on October 25
WHERE: Register now for this virtual session at this link: Click link to register (Registration closes at 5 p.m. on October 24)
The Teams link will be emailed to you on October 24 at 5 p.m.
You can view the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.