CIVIL DIVISION TO IMPLEMENT ELECTRONIC FILING IN SMALL CLAIMS CASES BEGINNING NOVEMBER 14
Attend a virtual information session on November 9 to learn more.
Any self-represented litigant (SRL) with a small claims case has the option to electronically file (file) case-related documents beginning November 14.
THINGS TO KNOW:
A virtual information session for SRLs and attorneys will be held at 12:15 p.m. on November 9 and will provide more detailed information about efiling for small claims cases.
- Efiling provides SRLs a convenient way to submit documents, 24-hours a day, without having to come to the courthouse.
- SRLs may continue to submit all documents in paper form for filing at the courthouse.
- Small claims efiling will be subject to the First Amended General Order for electronic filing in Civil.
- The First Amended Standing Order Regarding Evidence Exchange remains in full force and effect.
- Attorneys representing litigants in any post-judgment matters will be required to file beginning November 14.
- Fax filing will no longer be available as of 12:01 a.m. November 14.
- Anyone needing assistance with efiling documents can contact the Electronic Filing Service Providers (EFSPs).
- Additional information on efiling can be found on the Court’s website.
You can see the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.