LASC: LACOURTCONNECT 2.0 WITH NEW LOOK AND ENHANCED FEATURES STARTING SEPTEMBER 1
The Court will kick off its phased upgrade to LACourtConnect (LACC) next month, including a modernized look, customizable controls and smoother transitions when moving from the virtual gallery to the virtual well. The changes will take effect on September 1 in probate, followed by traffic on September 29, family law on October 6, and civil (including small claims and unlawful detainer matters) on October 13.
- Modernized look for easier navigation;
- Customizable controls, including the ability to:
- Choose your theme – light or dark;
- Choose your background – blur or solid;
- Choose your font size; and
- Edit display name and personal profile.
- Constant screen placement of the judge on the left, courtroom view in the center and the active speaker on the right;
- Available breakout rooms to host dial-in and online participants; and
- Dial-in participants appear by name instead of phone number.
NEW COURTROOM FEATURES:
- The courtroom will be better able to monitor participants who are actively waiting in the virtual gallery for their hearing to start and will have more controls to ensure virtual hearings run smoothly. Some features for the courtroom include the ability to:
- Initiate a chat directly with anyone in the virtual gallery;
- Initiate breakout rooms;
- Require courtroom permission for select participants to unmute themselves;
- Change display name of participants; and
- Control screen sharing and chat features within the hearing.
The Court has partnered with the Los Angeles County Bar Association to provide a training webinar for members of the Bar to highlight LACC 2.0’s new features.
WHEN: 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Thursday, August 17, 2023
ATTORNEY SANDBOX SESSIONS:
Want to test out these enhancements before they go live? Attend one of the bi-weekly Attorney Sandbox Sessions beginning August 22 to practice navigating the new features before having to appear for a hearing:
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Tuesdays
- 1 – 2 p.m. Thursdays
- August 22 through September 5
- September 19 through October 17
WHERE: JOIN SESSION HERE
PHASED UPGRADE SCHEDULE:
The anticipated upgrade dates for enhancements to LACC are:
- Probate – September 1
- Traffic – September 29
- Family law – October 6
- Civil (including small claims and unlawful detainer cases) – October 13
The registration window to appear remotely through LACC in probate, traffic, family law and civil matters is available starting 14 days in advance of the hearing and will remain open up tom 30 minutes prior to the hearing start time. The registration window will expand to 30 days before the hearing date once the civil upgrade is complete on October 13.
LACC promotes convenience and choice with audio and video option, eliminates driving, parking and childcare costs, and saves commute time to courthouses. Sign up today!
You can view the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.