LACOURTCONNECT COMING TO AB 1058 (CHILD SUPPORT) COURTOORMS SEPTEMBER 1
Effective September 1, 2022, LACourtConnect (LACC), the Court’s free remote appearance technology, will be available for remote courtroom appearances for AB 1058 (Child Support) hearings, making video appearances available for all family law case types.
The Court is offering Attorney Sandbox Sessions from 12 – 1 p.m. on Tuesday, August 30, and Wednesday, August 31, for attorneys to learn more about LACC and test the features. Join the Sandbox Session on the scheduled dates here. Please watch the LACC Recorded Tour prior to attending a session to maximize your hands-on practice time. LACC features include a “Virtual Gallery” where litigants and attorneys can:
– Review their upcoming remote hearing information for that day;
– Test their audio and video equipment;
– View court announcements;
– Chat with others in the Virtual Gallery via text, audio and video; and
– Monitor the courtroom while waiting for upcoming hearings.
Follow these steps to participate in your hearing remotely using LACC:
STEP ONE — IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY DONE SO, CREATE YOUR COURT ID ONLINE.
– Go to https://my.lacourt.org/laccwelcome.
– Create your online Court ID. It’s a one-time process.
STEP TWO — SCHEDULE YOUR REMOTE APPEARANCE
– Register 30 days to 30 mins in advance of your hearing.
STEP THREE — PARTICIPATE IN YOUR REMOTE HEARING BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 1
– Sign in at least 15 minutes before the scheduled hearing by using the link (for video appearances) or calling the number (for audio only) provided in the confirmation email you receive when you schedule the appearance.
– To improve your remote appearance experience and to prevent delays in the hearing, please test your equipment in advance. Instructions and other helpful tips can be found on the LACC webpage, under the “LACC Teams Resource Guides and Training” section.
LACC provides the following benefits:
– Promotes convenience and choice with audio and video options;
– Eliminates driving, parking, and childcare costs; and
– Saves commute time to courthouses.
For more information, go to https://my.lacourt.org/laccwelcome.
You can see the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.