LACOURTCONNECT EXPANDING TO INCLUDE TRAFFIC, INFRACTION TRIALS BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 6
Registration Begins After 5 p.m. on September 2
Effective September 6, LACourtConnect (LACC), the Court’s free remote appearance technology, will be available for remote courtroom appearances for traffic and infraction trials, making video appearances available for all traffic hearing types. Registration begins after 5 p.m. on Friday, September 2, for trials on or after September 6. Litigants, law enforcement officers, and witnesses can sign up to appear remotely for a traffic or infraction trial that is scheduled on or after September 6. Please note, remote courtroom appearances do not support viewing or exchanging of evidence and are for testimony only. If any party needs to present evidence, such as photographs, video, drawings, etc., they must appear in court for their trial.
LACC features include a “Virtual Gallery” where litigants and attorneys can:
– Review their upcoming remote hearing information for that day;
– Test their audio and video equipment;
– View court announcements;
– Chat with others in the Virtual Gallery via text, audio, and video; and
– Monitor the courtroom while waiting for upcoming hearings.
– Follow these steps to participate in your trial remotely using LACC:
STEP ONE — IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY DONE SO, CREATE YOUR COURT ID ONLINE.
– Go to https://my.lacourt.org/laccwelcome.
– Create your online Court ID. It’s a one-time process.
STEP TWO — SCHEDULE YOUR REMOTE APPEARANCE AFTER 5 P.M. ON SEPT. 2
– Register 30 days to 30 mins in advance of your trial.
STEP THREE — PARTICIPATE IN YOUR REMOTE TRIAL BEGINNING SEPT. 6
– Sign in at least 15 minutes before the scheduled trial by using the link (for video appearances) or calling the number (for audio only) provided in the confirmation email you receive when you schedule the appearance.
– To improve your remote appearance experience and to prevent delays in the trial, please test your equipment in advance. Instructions and other helpful tips can be found on the LACC webpage, under the “LACC Teams Resource Guides and Training” section.
LACC provides the following benefits:
– Promotes convenience and choice with audio and video options;
– Eliminates driving, parking, and childcare costs; and
– Saves commute time to courthouses.
For more information, click here.
You can see the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.