NEW LOOK AND ENHANCED FEATURES FOR LACOURTCONNECT COMING TO YOUR SCREEN IN APRIL
Don’t Miss the Attorney Sandbox Sessions to Preview the New Modern Display and Custom Options Before Your Next Hearing
The Court will begin a phased implementation of LACourtConnect (LACC) enhancements next month, including a more modern display, customizable controls, and smoother transitions when moving from the virtual gallery to the virtual well. The changes will take effect in probate matters on April 28, followed by traffic on May 5, family law on May 12, and civil (including small claims and unlawful detainer matters) on May 19
NEW FEATURES FOR LITIGANTS:
- A more modern LACC screen design to promote ease of navigation and usability.
- Customizable controls, including the ability to:
- Choose your theme – light or dark mode.
- Choose your font size.
- Edit your display name and personal profile.
- The top row in the virtual courtroom will display the judge in the top left corner, courtroom staff in the center, and the active speaker in the right corner.
- A fast and easy transition into the virtual courtroom when the hearing starts.
- Spanish translation of some headers in the application.
- Dial-in participants will now appear by name instead of their phone number during the hearing.
- Break-out rooms will be available and can host online participants and participants who dial in from a phone line.
NEW FEATURES FOR THE COURTROOM:
- The courtroom will now be better able to monitor participants who are actively waiting in the virtual gallery for their hearing to start and will have more controls to ensure virtual hearings are run smoothly. Some additional features for the courtroom to control include the ability to:
- Initiate a chat directly with anyone in the virtual gallery;
- Initiate break-out rooms;
- Expel a participant from the hearing permanently;
- Hard mute participants (meaning participants may not unmute themselves without courtroom permission);
- Change the display name of participants; and
- Control the screen sharing and chat features within the hearing.
ATTORNEY SANDBOX SESSIONS:
Would you like to test these enhancements before they are implemented? If so, you may attend one of the bi-weekly Attorney Sandbox Sessions beginning April 18 to practice navigating the new features before having to appear for a hearing:
WHEN: April 18 through May 23
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays
- 12 – 1 p.m. Thursdays
PHASED IMPLEMENTATION SCHEDULE:
The anticipated implementation dates for the LACC enhancements are:
- Probate – April 28
- Traffic – May 5
- Family Law – May 12
- Civil (including small claims and unlawful detainer cases) – May 19
To accommodate the implementation of the new enhancements, the registration window to appear remotely through LACC in probate, traffic, family law, and civil matters was shortened from 30 to 14 days in advance of the hearing and up to 30 minutes prior to the hearing start time. After the civil implementation is complete on May 19, users will be able to register to appear remotely up to 30 days before their hearing date.
You can view the full notice here.
First Legal, your premier litigation support provider.